Do you know those moments when you feel completely balanced, your mind is quiet, no thoughts collide into one another? They may be fleeting, or last for days or periods of time in which everything feels simplified, joyful, and unexplainably peaceful. I found the piece below written by an unknown author and thought I would pass it along. It captures what is difficult to put into words.
May your life be experienced with many of these moments
Symptoms of Inner Peace
1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experiences.
2. An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
3. A loss of interest in judging self.
4. A loss of interest in judging others.
5. A loss of interest in conflict.
6. A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
7. A loss of ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
8. Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
9. Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
11. Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
12. An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than to make them happen.
Warning: If you have all or even most of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of peace may be so far advanced as to not be treatable.